Run your ad before YouTube videos and engage with your target market in a way that isn’t available with regular CPC advertising.
Why Choose Us?
We are a specialist internet advertising agency. At Scott Shorter, your account is managed and reported on by dedicated, professional and experienced analysts. To us you’re not just another customer that is placed into an automated system. We specialise in hands-on management, education and partnership with our clients for results that are truly a level above the rest.
At Scott Shorter, you can expect:
- To receive return on investment (ROI) estimates, channel (AdWords, Yahoo, Facebook etc.) and budget recommendations. Make the right choice with this information before starting any advertising campaign. So if it does not look profitable, we won’t recommend it.
- To track website actions, like phone calls and web forms, and attribute it to a source. With this information, we will report on your cost- per lead, because as the old saying goes, ‘If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it’.
- Regular meetings to discuss progress with in-depth, human generated insights on your performance and ROI. We care about your results.
- Complimentary ongoing search strategy, including conversion optimisation, SEO and social media integration strategy. Our experience across these disciplines allows us to look at your objectives, budget and recommend a holistic approach to maximising returns.
- Our experience ranges from international, national, local to rural campaigns. No matter where you are in Australia, we can help.
- Our strategists are experienced with the latest and most effective strategies, such as remarketing, behavioural targeting, A/B multivariate testing, conversion optimisation, conversion tracking and more.
What is internet advertising?
Internet advertising refers to paid ads placed on the internet, as opposed to SEO which attempts to improve a websites placement in the non-paid sections of search results. Internet advertising is also referred to as SEM, however this name is misleading as ads are available across not only just such search engines, but a vast array of publishers and networks.
The two most common forms of internet advertising are search and display network.
Search advertising places ads alongside result pages of search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. These text-based ads appear in front of people who are actively searching for your product or service. Search advertising is an effective way to reach new customers. Ads are typically triggered by non-branded key phrases such ‘mechanic perth,’ and therefore attract new customers who are not otherwise familiar with a brand’s name.
Display network advertising
Display network advertising places ads across content-based websites, such as news.com.au. Ads can be placed on these websites in either text or graphic format. The positions of the ads on the page, often refereed to as ‘ad blocks’, are booked through a number of different networks.
Google, Yahoo and Bing have partnerships with literally thousands of publishers and, beyond the major search search engines, specialist media buying agencies can reach additional and premium ad block positions on news.com.au and other websites.These display networks are often used to increase branding efforts. Ads are often displayed between 0-10,000 times per click, which offers great exposure for advertisers and reinforces branding.
Display networks are also popular for their behavioural targeting and remarketing options. These techniques allows advertisements to follow a potential customers across a display network based on their previous interaction with a website or the content network itself. Remarketing is a great way to reinforce brand awareness and entice a previous customer back to your website with a custom offer or message.
How do you pay for internet advertising?
The primary method for advertising on search engines and networks is cost-per click (CPC), however cost-per thousand impressions (CPM) is another option.
CPC is a model of advertising costs nothing for an advertisement to appear in front of people searching for your product or services. The only charge to the advertiser occurs when someone clicks on your advertisement. With CPC advertising it possible to guarantee traffic to your website for any given budget, as if nobody clicks on your ad there is simply nothing to pay.
Before you begin a CPC campaign it’s important to understand your potential ROI. This is because not all search vertical/industries are priced equally. Competitive industries will have a higher CPC value. This can be estimated ahead of time.
Which network should I advertise on?
The differences between the various CPC networks is immense. The visitor quality, demographic, and mind set of the traffic available differs greatly between the available networks.Yahoo and Bing, for example, offer an older demographic suited to larger, high value purchases, while Google represents a more tech savvy, younger audience with high volume sales opportunity. LinkedIn presents a business focused demographic where it is possible to target decision markers.
Choosing the right network will have a significant effect on your websites conversion rate.
Understanding your potential ROI
Paid internet advertisements are the fastest way to get your business to the top of search engines like Google or networks like Facebook, however, unlike SEO, internet advertising has a cost-per visitor. This cost varies wildly between search engines and display networks.
Understanding if you have a profitable ROI is critical before considering this method. An experienced analyst can determine within a few minutes if an internet advertising strategy is right for your business.