My SEO experience includes work at SUMO Digital Agency as a search consultant, with clients including Satterley Property Group, Ventura Homes Group, Aussie Living Homes, Wilson Parking and Wilson Security. I also worked at WebFirm as the Site Marketing Operations Manager, with clients including Six Figures & Westnet. I specialise in:
- Delivering number one results for Australia’s most competitive key phrases.
- Advanced white hat link building and partner link consolidation that won’t damage your companies online reputation.
- Holistic search strategy in combination with your social media marketing to give an improved ROI.
Proven #1 SEO Results
Project Manager – Marketing
“Scott’s dedication to our account led to increasing our non-branded organic traffic to its highest level ever, and we were able to achieve the number one listing on six of our critical keywords/phrases. We thoroughly recommend Scott to organisations looking to optimise their SEO results.”
General Manager – Marketing
Satterley Property Group
Without professional SEO help your organic search rankings (or lack there of) will deliver little, and poorly qualified traffic. Unlike paid CPC (Cost Per Click) results, the organic results do not have an associated cost. The traffic your website receives from the organic section is free and should therefor be the foundation of any online strategy.
The primary aim of SEO is to deliver qualified visitors via qualitative non-branded key phrases.
- A qualified visitor is one that can engage with your product or service.
- Qualified key phrases convert into enquiries and sales at a higher rate.
- Non-branded search terms represent new business that was not searching for or immediately considering your business name.
Qualitative keywords usually contain a broad key phrase paired with a context and geographic location.
Example, “Car Repairs Perth”
Broad Key Phrase: Car
Geographic Qualifier: Perth
Great! How do I rank for this?
Key phrases you wish to rank for must be placed throughout your web sites inline with Google’s scoring algorithm in order to give your site relevance. This is a job for an SEO consultant who understands Google’s algorithm and through specialist research tools can identify the right key phrases to target.
- The research process normally begins with an interview. The primary objective is to understand your business offering and point of difference.
- From this interview a short list of key phrases is drafted. This list is then expanded using a specialised keyword popularity analysis tool provided by Google. (Example to the right)
- A list of the most searched for key phrases will then be analysed using competitive analysis software to determine the level of competition in the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages)
- This in-depth competitive analysis will also highlight competitor marketing strategies, allowing the further explanation and refinement of key phrase selection.
An SEO consultant will look at:
- Number of searches per month
- The difficulty of rankings for these keywords
- Potential value to your business
Based on these factors key phrases will be placed throughout the website in line with Google’s scoring algorithm. This gives your website relevance required to rank.
Authority (Off Page / Link Building)
Authority is a concept which can be thought of as trust, ie How much does Google trust you. Authority is transferred to your web site, from other web sites, that are already trusted by Google. Authority is transferred to your website through links such as this.
These links must abide by a number of rules governed by Google’s algorithm. It’s the job of the SEO professional to identify authoritative partners and establish links with a good SEO value. Read more about Google’s RageRank link analysis algorithm.
An SEO Professional will:
- Deliver authority to your website through strategic link building.
- Distribute authority across the inner pages of your website by reviewing the internal link structure and destination URL or external links.
What rankings will I achieve?
SEO is a long term investment and it is important to recognise that some key phrases will be more competitive than others.
- No responsible SEO company can guarantee rankings. Don’t be scammed, be sure to read the Google SEO Guidelines
- Unfortunately some SEO consultants simply target and then guarantee obscure key phrases with no competition or search volume. These key phrases have no real value to your business. Practices like this damage the reputation of the SEO industry.
It will become apparent after time passes which key phrases are highly competitive by measuring the improvement against the recorded baseline and comparing that to the improvement of other key phrases after initial link building efforts to deliver authority.
Advanced strategies for competitive key phrases
More often than not, high value key phrases are the most competitive and respond the slowest to broad SEO efforts. Competitive key phrase require advanced, pointed SEO strategies to improve. Not all SEO companies posses the technical know how or the resources to tackle this problem.
Whilst it’s sensible for me not to give away my trade secrets and intellectual property I can disclose that my advanced strategies include white hat link building from highly authoritative sources with measured deployment of key word rich anchor text. With a quantifiable competitive analysis conducted before the commencement of any campaign the distance required to close the gap is transparent to both parties.
Reporting with Analysis
Meaningful reporting begins with clearly defined goals and on page events, correctly integrated into your analytics package be it Google’s or more advanced conversion optimisation services such as (Website Optimizer, Click tail)
The second stage to meaningful reporting involves the proper segmentation and filtering on search traffic to reveal which non branded key phrases and landing pages are delivering traffic from organic results. Good SEO reporting should have a focus on increases to traffic and goal conversion as increases in key phrase positioning is subjective and not reflective of the overall success of a campaign.
Finally analysis is needed to gauge which content is the most compelling at generating enquirers and the calculation of potential/actual ROI. Key to tracking your ROI is measurement of all lead sources be it web form leads or phone. A strong recommendation with an SEO campaign is a combination of phone and form tracking allowing for segmented reports that clearly show which marketing channel is the mot cost effective be it, off-line media efforts reflected by direct type in traffic and branded key phrase referrals, AdWords and PPC channels, referring partner ship or organic search results.
I specialise in,
- Australian & International SEO
- Risk free, white hat strategies
- Advanced link building to compete against sites with a higher authority
- Meaningful reporting with a focus on results and recommendations
I aim to work with companies and people who are ready to benefit from marketing with a measurable return on investment. If you’re ready to get started, feel free to call and tell me who you are, I’ll do my best to guide you through the options and I look forward to your call.Contact Us